- Transmission Fluid Leak: The easiest to notice, as leaking red fluid from under your car is a sure sign that it's time for transmission repair. Without proper amounts of transmission fluid, your car will seize up and stop working. If you are unsure that what you're seeing is transmission fluid, check your dipstick level--it should be filled. Take your car for a short drive around the neighborhood, back home, and re-read the dipstick level. If it has dipped at all, you are in need of transmission repair in north NJ to patch the leaky culprit.
- Odd/Burnt Smell: Hand-in-hand with a leak, a burning smell typically indicates that your transmission fluid is leaking and you are in need of transmission repair in north NJ before your car seizes up. You will recognize this smell as different from gasoline or oil--it is a very distinct, harsh odor. At first whiff, make sure to bring your car in for our expert transmission repair services.
- Trouble Shifting Gears (or your car won't at all): When you have difficulty in shifting, this could be caused by a few things. While we cannot say what exactly is causing this issue, it could be worn gears, a worn clutch, depleted lubricant, or other transmission problems. Bring your car in today to receive expert transmission repair in north NJ--we'll be sure to find what's wrong and have your car working properly in no time.
- Grinding Noise: Sometimes your gears grind when you shift too fast, but this is common. If you experience regular grinding, then you may need a transmission flush. When experiencing grinding, check the transmission fluid level on even ground while the engine is running. If you notice depletion or anything other than a bright red color, you are in need of transmission repair in north NJ and should immediately bring your car to our transmission services experts.
- Check Engine Light is On: Oh, the dreaded "Check Engine" light and its hundreds of potential meanings. If you experience any of the above problems in conjunction with the check engine light on, you can be sure that you are in need of transmission repair. Bring in your car today for a full evaluation and the steps to take to ensure you are on the road again, experiencing no more transmission problems, and your car is running safely and smoothly.
These are the signs that you need a transmission repair in North NJ.
European Exchange has a team of transmission repair experts that will diagnose and repair your transmission at competitive prices.
To learn more about transmission repair in North NJ - Call European Exchange today at 201-880-6633.